- Award-Winning Artistry: MEGA MOBILIARIO celebrates its Craftsmanship Award of the Valencian Community
- BÕLN makes a grand entrance in Turkey opening a showroom of endless inspiration with Dmonte
- GARCIA REQUEJO receives Silver Prize 2022 IDA Awards for its innovative TRANSFER surface treatment
- MOBLIBERICA presents its first indoor and outdoor furniture collections for 2023
- EquipHotel 2022. Set a Mediterranean vibe in the outdoors with iSiMAR’s furniture collections
- ALUTEC presents its new chair models for home and hospitality use
- Maison&Objet Paris 2022. THAI NATURA, eclectic ideas for charming interiors
- FAMA obtains the Zero Waste Certification from AENOR
- European Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- vicente berbegal
Vicente Berbegal wins the European Entrepreneur of the Year Award
On Thursday the 4th of May, Vicente Berbegal, founder of ACTIU, was awarded the European Entrepreneur of the Year at the award ceremony of the European Business Awards (EBA), celebrated in Dubrovnik (Croatia), becoming the first entrepreneur from Spain to achieve this recognition. The jury, which consisted of leading international figures in business and international policy, has recognized this entrepreneur’s career who turned ACTIU, a Spanish company dedicated to producing workspace and contract furniture, into an international benchmark from a small made to measure furniture workshop almost half a century ago.
The European Business Awards are the most significant and demanding business competitions in Europe. This year a total of 32,000 companies from 34 different countries from the continent were represented. In the final stage, ACTIU competed with 110 other businesses across Europe.
The commitment of ACTIU to design; its constant reinvestment in technology; and a sustainable growth and respect for the environment are some of the key factors that allowed ACTIU to achieve this prestigious recognition.
It is an award that has come just before the 50th Year Anniversary celebration of the business and the founder, Vicente Berbegal, is absolutely delighted about it. At the gala in Dubrovnik, he stated that “this award would not have been possible without the whole team that works every day at ACTIU. Without their commitment, support, talent and enthusiasm this recognition would not have happened. It is undoubtedly a very difficult award to achieve as you are competing with all types of businesses from 34 countries in Europe. It is a plus for Spain and a recognition of the effort and work of our country that is more and more appreciate throughout Europe”.
Also, and alongside this, ACTIU was the winning Spanish business in the category “Best Business of the Year” reaching the final thanks to the support of the thousands of people who voted for it in a selection process beforehand. They collected their winning medal minutes before finding out about the Best Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
Throughout its business development, ACTIU has been recognized with the most significant European awards for the quality, ergonomics, and the safety of its products: Red Dot, Design Preis, FX, Premios Delta, If Design, among the most renowned.
Furthermore, during the economic crisis, the business has strengthened its commitment to sustainable growth maintaining its local production, providing direct work to around 285 people in Castalla (Alicante), where the company is located, and creating 150 other indirect positions.
For more information, visit www.actiu.com